Homemade Cheese Recipe
Cheese is one main healthy and nutritious meal that moms love giving to their babies. However, the cheese you buy from stores is generally high in sodium and additives to increase their expected age and volume.
The best alternative for this is: homemade cheese!
Today I present to you a very easy yet very crucial homemade cheese. It could be creamy and spreadable, or thick, and is perfect for babies aged 6-12 months
To watch my full video, click on this Link
All you need is:
- 8 cups Organic milk (preferably full fat and not UHT)
- ½ a cup white Vinegar
- Cheese cloth (you can replace it with a cotton towel)
- Put the milk and vinegar together and heat on a low to medium temperature
- Mix with a spatula to avoid sticking
- You’ll see curds and bubbles on the side within 7-15 minutes
- Turn off the heat and leave for 15 minutes
- Put in a bowl on a strainer over the cheese cloth (the deeper the better)
- Let it strain for at least 30 minutes (you may need to change the bowl below)
- You can remove afterwards for a very creamy texture, or wait a longer amount of time for a thicker texture
- Put it in a Tupperware and it’s sustainable for 3-4 days.
The best part is, you have several options to eat with our special cheese.
- Bread, with some olive oil, lemon juice and salt
- Honey alongside some pancakes
- Honey and bananas with toast
- Thyme sandwich
And Viola! You can now enjoy your healthy, organic, salt-free, additive-free, and affordable homemade cheese!
I hope this was helpful!
Mirna Sabbagh, an adult and child dietitian, nutritionist, and lactation consultant. She also has several digital courses: Pregnancy Nutrition Course, breastfeeding course, starting solids 6-12 months course, and also child nutrition for all children including picky eaters, that you can sign up for from the comfort of your home.
The courses are pre-recorded. As soon as you make the course purchase, you will receive a link to watch the course from your phone or laptop.
You can also e-mail Mirna for questions on firstname.lastname@example.org