Sensory Play Ideas for Picky Eaters
Picky eaters benefit ALOT from sensory play, here are some ideas accumulated by Farah Ghazale an amazing teacher with brilliant ideas, check her out on Instagram @missfarah.tutorials.
Here are a few of many sensory play activity ideas that you can try with your child:
- Taste- safe sand: 4 cups plain flour and 1 cup melted coconut oil. Mix and play
- Home-made play dough: 2 cups plain flour, 1 cup salt, 2 cups boiled water, 2 tbsp oil, food colouring
- Goop: 2 cups corn starch , 1 cup water and food colouring
- Snow dough: 3 cups baking soda and 1/2 cup hair conditioner
- Spaghetti: Cook some spaghetti and spread them.
- Freezer bags: Place peas, beans or any type of seeds in a freezer bag. Add some water and seal well. Have your child move them around.
- Peeled fruits and vegetables: Peel some apples or carrots or any fruit or vegetable with a grater. Have your child play and eat.
- Taste-safe mud: 2 cups corn starch, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 cup water. Then add some toys like trucks and cars
- Ice: Put some ice cubes in freezer bags and have your child feel the bag. Or you can place them in a tub.
Toddler art plates by Farah Ghazale. Try it here.
Feed the baby! Amazing and simple. Try it here
Make a food castle try it here
Mirna Sabbagh, an adult and child dietitian, nutritionist, and lactation consultant sees patients physically in Dubai, and also does online consultations for weight loss for adults and children, pick eating and other services. In addition, she also has several digital courses: breastfeeding course, starting solids 6-12 months course, child nutrition for all children including picky eaters, and also a weight loss course for adults that you can sign up for from the comfort of your home. You can also e-mail Mirna for questions on firstname.lastname@example.org